Work plan 2016-2017VIEW MORE
FEDA ObjectivesVIEW MORE
Who we are and what we doVIEW MORE
Highlight of FEDA ActivitiesVIEW MORE
Resolutions of the FEDA Board Meeting of 20 January 2018 in Yaounde
We the Executive Board members of the Forest and Environment Development Association (FEDA), signatories of the enclosed attendance list, meeting at ODZA, Yaounde on Saturday 20th January 2018, with the objective to provide a new strategic direction to the Association and modify the name of to align with the mission and objectives, have adopted the following resolutions in line with the constitution of the Association:
FEDA EXECUTIVE BOARD MEMBERS
Dr. Ngeh Paulinus
Organization: Natural resource consultantNgeh.firstname.lastname@example.org;
EXPERTISE: More than 30 years’ experience in Biodiversity conservation and management in Central and West Africa. Other abilities include, research, Agroforestry, capacity building, result oriented monitoring and evaluation, Adaptive project management, Environmental Impact Assessment, fundraising.
Dr. Hiol-Hiol- Francois
Technical adviser (Forester)
EXPERTISE: More than 30 years in forest management, and biodiversity conservation in Central Africa. Has additional expertise in soil science, project development, implementation, capacity building fundraising and monitoring and evaluation.
Mr. Constant Momballa
(Monitoring & Evaluation expert/Agronomist
Organization: TRAFFIC (Wildlife Trade Monitoring Network)email@example.com
00 (237) 694845700
EXPERTISE: A versatile development management professional with 21 years of extensive experience in Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA). Other abilities include policy analysis, socioeconomic development, project coordination, information technology.
Mr. Feka Christopher
(Human Resource specialist)
EXPERTISE: More than 30 years in the field of Human Resources Management and 15 years of Environmental Governance.
Dr. Tarla Francis Nchembi
Organization: Zoological Society of Londontfrancisnchembi@gmail.com
00 237 653195578
EXPERTISE: More than 30 years in the field of Ruminant production (nutrition), participatory approaches in NRM, curriculum development, and community conservation.
Mr. Mih Julius
EXPERTISE: A seasoned educationist with a 25 year experience in teaching and educational management. He has been participating actively in environmental curriculum issues and how this can impact on the education of young children. He is presently working in the primary school curriculum in which environmental education will be part.
Mr Agbor Atem Eyong
Senior Database Engineer
Organization: Office of the CIO US Department of Agriculturejcpagbor@gmail.com
EXPERTISE: Over 6 years of data management, database design and Cloud related technologies. Pioneered the development and Management of FEDA Website and some of FEDA’s IT related software’s.
Ms. Celestina NgoChia
Ministry of Secondary Educationcelestinabi@yahoo.fr
EXPERTISE: More than 15 years of teaching, and mentoring of trainee teachers. Trainer and facilitator in InterAction leadership and facilitation.
Prof. Ndeso Atanga Sylvester
(Environment and health Scientist)
Dean, School of Health and Human Services, Saint Monica University Buea Cameroon;firstname.lastname@example.org
00237 653774599 / 675816047
EXPERTISE: Public Health Scientist with over 40 years of experience. Expertise has been in Disease Surveillance and Evaluation of Health Programmes and Projects. Also extensive experiences in teaching, research and supervision in Epidemiology and Public Health. Good Mastery of Science, Technology and Innovation Research and have also developed interest in writing and d consulting on Issues of Biodiversity, Natural Resources Management and lately playing a greater role in Climate Change Information Generation for Cameroon as African technology Policy Studies Network (ATPS) prepares to implement a Project on Preparing Cameroon to Adequately Prepare to Deal with Climate Change challenges in the sub-region.
Mr. Christian Asanga
(Forestry & Natural Resources Management Advisor)
Programme/Project Management, Zoological Society of Londonchristian_asanga@yahoo.co.uk
EXPERTISE: Over 25 years of work experience in development, with expertise spanning the fields of forestry, biodiversity conservation, natural resources management, programme/project management, rural development, decentralisation/good governance and water management.
Mr. Akwa Patrick Kum Bong
Former Secretary General, Ministry of Environment, Nature Protection and Sustainable Development-Cameroonpatakwa@yahoo.com
EXPERTISE: More than 30 years of experience in administration at various levels from regional to national; capacity building expertise in the field of agriculture and significant policy and advocacy expertise and political experience.
Healthy biological resources in a healthy environment benefiting humankind.Mission Statement:
To promote the conservation of forest and its resources for the benefit of nature and humankind.Objectives:
The objectives of FEDA are to:
- Promote the use of innovative and environmentally friendly methods to enhance environmental services, mitigate climate change and restore forest ecosystems through research and advocacy drive for the buy-in and institutionalisation of innovative tools and approaches by decisions makers;
- Encourage legality and transparency in wildlife trade from harvesting to exportation/consumption, through enhanced knowledge of legality definitions, wildlife trade laws and legal frameworks to ensure compliance;
- Encourage participatory/community biodiversity conservation by ensuring that stakeholders, especially local communities, are involved at all levels of conservation and management process, from field work to decision making through capacity development and access to alternative income generating actions to enhance their livelihood;
- Develop FEDA into a credible, evidence-based conservation association in Cameroon that is guided by sound values, by ensuring there are robust and operational systems in place, adequate number of competent staff to implement action, as well as the sustainable availability of basic resources to support its action plan.
The logo of the circular stamp with the following wordings inscribed:
- The name of the organisation in black block capital letters on a white background on the upper external arc of the circle;
- The slogan “Conserving Nature For Humankind” in black title case letters on a white background on the lower external arc of the circle.
- The acronym FEDA in special white capital letters on a blue background in the upper core of the circle
- The images of a fish, a tree and a bird on a white background in the lower core of the circle
- The core and the outer arc are separated by a thick blue ring
- The entire logo is enclosed in a thinner blue ring.
- The image of the logo is as follows:
The following persons were elected as chairman and officers of the executive bureau of the association:
|1||President||Dr CHIAMBENG NGEH Paulinus||Conservationist||Yaounde||+237 651 877 email@example.com|
|2||General Secretary||MOMBALLA Constant Mbun||Monitoring and evaluation expert/Agronomist||Yaounde||+237 694 845 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|3||Finance Secretary||CELESTINA BI Ngo Chia||Teacher||Yaounde||+237 675 755 email@example.com|
|4||Advisor||Prof Ndeso Atanga Sylvester||Environment and Health Scientist||Buea||+237 653 774 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|5||Advisor||Dr HIOL HIOL François||Forester/Lecturer||Yaounde||+237 677 557 email@example.com|
Done at Yaounde, this 20th Day of January 2018